Have you ever thought that maybe...

all of these ladies that can't spell good.. like verginity instead of virginity and other words that they should know how to spell, may not speak english? No different than listening to someone try to learn it, right? At least they are trying. Don't be so judgemental!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that has occured to me. and my husband is horible at spelling but otherwise a very smart man for the msot part so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I used to teach English as a second language. I told my students to set their computers and their web browsers to the instant spell check feature. Spell check exists on cafe mom.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• wow- I'm one to talk-look at my typos! *horrible and most

as for spell check...in hubbys case -he will spell something and spell check will give him a completely different word than he was shooting for so it is not always helpful ; )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Cannot spell well? The spelling and grammar on this site are appalling!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:52 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Oh, get over yourself rkoloms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I tend to find that those from other countries who are leaning English, speak it/write it better than most of us. So no, I don't assume the person does speak English if they write poorly. Lack of eduction happens in the US and other countries. So just becuase they don't speak English, that's not always a valid excuse. And many, will appologize for their poor spelling, which is something I rarely seen Americans do when learning or writting in a different language.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Completely agree with 11:18's response.
    mereinolan

Answer by mereinolan at 11:30 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I know I am aweful at spelling and if I'm not sure on a word will look it up. But there are times I think I was right and was not. I have learning disablities and try my hardest. It at times make me think well I guess I am dumb and should just not participate. Because I know if I don't spell something right someone will have to bring it out. So I will read my typing a few times to make sure it looks ok. That is alot of the time why I go anon because it is embarrassing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I always take those answers where I am being corrected as help. I have approved a lot on my writing because of people who are willing to tell me what I have done wrong. I don't like being called dumb or being critized but I take what I can from it. I think if people on here were a lot nicer about it, then it wouldn't be such an issue.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• anon 9:18's got it....ESLs have MUCH better spelling, and written english than many born and raised anglophones.

a HUGE part is text lingo - removing letters, adding letters.
    Anonymous