Good Schools in Atlanta???????

My husband was just offered a great position as Medical Director in Atlanta, GA which would start in JULY!!!!! We currently live in Phoenix, which means a BIG move happening fast! Before I start looking for houses...I wanna be in a good school district...suggestions...PLEASE!!!

LittleJo804

Asked by LittleJo804 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• We live in North Fulton County in what is purported to be one of the 2 best school districts in the state. The education system in this state is (insert expletives) really lacking. The Marietta area/ Cobb county schools are also good. Many people claim that Gwinnette County schools are good but they had a big scandal where 70% of the students failed end of grade testing then were retested and all of them passed then there was test score tampering. Dekalb county school are horrid but inside the city of Decatur schools are good.

You can PM me. I can give you the name of a realtor who really knows houses and school districts.

Atlanta has 2 counties inside city limits. There are about 7 counties where everyone lives who is working in the city. "Atlanta" is really spread out.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2010