How can I get my 7.5 month old son to sleep better?

My son has been having problems sleeping lately (up every 1.5-2 hrs) it seems the only way for him to go back to sleep is to give him a bottle and as soon as the bottle goes into his mouth he's happy and back in la-la land... I have read that its bad for a baby to go to sleep with a bottle due to tooth decay, so I need help! He used to go to sleep with rocking and a bottle but he seems to wake up instantly when we go to lay him down... I'm exhausted and need advise from other mommys... Please any words of advise???

KohensMommy6909

Asked by KohensMommy6909 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try putting a little water in the bottle. That worked for my mom when I would stay up at night. Does he act sleepy when you put him to bed or is it a time that works for you and he has changed his mind? A bedtime routine may help with that: dd gets diaper changed and pjs on, then story/play time, then music/rocking/nursing, then she goes in bed with Pooh. All in all, it takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on how she did that day nap-wise. Some nights are harder than others, especially if she is teething. Then she is up every few hours b/c her teeth hurt, and one of us has to go in there and soothe her back to sleep. Your son could be getting ready for a tooth to come through.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:51 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You can safely give him a bottle with water at night.

He will be sleeping through the night on a regular basis in a year or less (hopefully).

Answer by rkoloms at 12:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• if you put him down wait for deep sleep. limp limbs and relaxed face and hands
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2010