anyone out there a nurse and can give advice?

i just got in the nursing program. this is my second time around in nursing 1. the first time i missed it by a point. i want to do great this time around. i was great hands-on doing clinicals, its the tests that killed me. i'm having trouble figuring out the "best" answer out of two right answers. i'm also trying to get out of "memorizing" and trying to focus on critical thinking. any advice?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not a nurse just Congratulations for pushing on and working SOO SO HARD!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• We were taught to narrow the answers down and then play out a scenario in our head to see if it made sense following the nursing process. If you have the time, study groups were great for me, helped me remember answers part of the time on test because of how they were phrased or what someone else said. Practice tests are a must, and if you can talk with nurses who are already working and have conversations about questions on the practice tests, sometimes that can help get info into your head that reading/writing cannot. Good Luck! It's worth the work.

Have you been to allnurses.com? It's a great site, even has a large student section.
    mereinolan

Answer by mereinolan at 11:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• OP
    ty for the advice i have not been to that site, i'll have to check it out. i have a 3 month old daughter so she's my motivation this time around. i'm definately going to form study groups.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Make notecards for studying, and always have them with you. The act of writing up the cards helps reinforce the information in your brain.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2010