What happens to bullies?

When I was a kid, I remember my mother telling me she went to elementary school with a mean boy, the kind of kid who would pull girls' ponytails and knock them down, etc. He grew up to be a school principal. I always thought that was so funny! But you know what? I've been out of high school for decades, and it turns out that one of the two meanest, cruelest, verbally abusive girls I went to school with (from middle through high school) is a middle school principal!! This girl was real horror! If I lived in that district, I would move! Does anyone else know of bullies who became principals?

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 11:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• a guy who bulled me horribly took my wedding day pictures, a great photographer. I had moved around his bullying years before. Didn't even bother me if he still thought I was ugly and stupid. I always knew and know myself worth. No one's ever bulled my kids. They always knew the lengths I'd go through to have justice served.. Justice and resolution of heart can come in countless ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I'd love to hear how he treated you as an adult customer. I am curious since you mentioned "if he still thought I was ugly and stupid." Did he behave in a manner that made you feel belittled?
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 11:25 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I've seen a few that have grown up. A lot of them went religious, a few ended up in law enforcement. Haven't seen any teachers in the mix. One of them I see on FB commenting on mutual friends is in suspended adolescence. Twenty years after graduation, he's working some menial job, single, and still making fat jokes. He posts stories about "remember when so and so fell down" and puts up little graphics about No Fat Chicks. Amusing, considering most of the mean girls ended up Fat Chicks.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• HA ha... One of the jerkiest guys from my high school is now a state senator and is running for Governor. I can't believe it! I guess money really does buy power.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I remember one girl who was abit of a bully. Not a real terror to most . She was real subtle about it. Not very popular. She tried to bully me and was the kind who did not tolerate that. Left me alone eventually but she was still a pain. About a year after we graduated from high school I heard she had been trampled to death at a basket ball game. She had not changed her ways after graduation. I certainly hope it was not karma because nobody deserves to die like that.
    There was another, who also tried to bug me, ended up in jail and I don't know what happened after that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• running for Governor? That really stinks! The principal thing, though, that really bugs me because it makes me wonder what happens to the poor kids who are sent to her office? What kind of unfair punishment does she dole out? Who is going to believe a kid if the principal says otherwise? I feel sorry for the kids. I hope she really has changed, but she was SO evil, I can't imagine it.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 11:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I agree about the principal thing being scary, but she has probably outgrown the bully thing. Her experiance as a bully has probably given her insight into the bully mind. Hopefully she is no longer a bully.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2010