WILL I BE ABLE TO LOOSE THE WEIGHT AFTER THE BABY IS BORN?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, but your body may not go back to the same it was. I lost over all my weight but yet I still have the "pooch" that will not go away and love handles now that will not go away so some of my old pants won't even fit.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:25 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Yes, you will be able to lose the pregnancy weight. How long it takes and how much work you have to do varies. Some people lose it right away, others don't. A good rule is 9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off. Eating healthy foods and exercising regularly, both during and after the pregnancy will go a long way toward you being able to lose the weight. And your body will not go back to the way it was in most cases. Mine is more curvy and less angular than it was before I had a baby; can't complain too much there.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Breastfeeding helps! And yes, you definately can lose the weight. I lost all my pregnancy weight (42 lbs) in 8 months. I agree that your body will probably look a little different, but that's part of the beauty of being a mother :) I can honestly say that I definately don't like my body less now that I've had a baby.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Lose or loosen?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It took me about two months to get rid of the 24 pounds that I gained. Daily exercise during pregnancy helped so much! So did breastfeeding, exercise, and a healthy diet.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• sure.

might take a while, and your body won't be the same SHAPE but you can lose the weight.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• yes! you will loss a lot of weight just from giving birth. this includes the baby itself, and the fluids. once your dr. gives you the thumbs up, you can start doing some light exercises like walking, some post natal yoga (which is a great way to retrain your body) and some post natal pilates. try to stick with exercises labeled "post natal" at first (jmo) since they focus on those areas affected by pregnancy and they are safe and light. there are some fun and effective mommy and me exercises out there too! you get to play and exercise at the same time! I gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy, lost about 12 lbs giving birth, and 21 months post partum I am just now getting serious about toning up. I hula hoop a lot, and do step aerobics and light pilates and yoga. I have lost about 10 lbs so far! you also want to keep an eye on your diet! small healthy meals throughout the day is a great way to keep your energy level up!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• oh and breastfeeding is not only good for the baby, but it also helps you lose weight since you require more calorie intake (for the milk production, and you have calories to burn at the same time which adds up!), and your muscles contract when you nurse which is natures way of doing ab crunches lol.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I have had two kids and have lost all the weight. I'm the same weight I was before I had my first son. My body is different though.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 1:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• yes. I lost all my weight after all my children were born. I didn't get fat until I hit 40.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2010