Early pregnancy safe workouts?

I am 5 weeks and I want to stay healthy and not gain a ton of weight. I was trying to lose weight first but things happened a lot faster than we expected which is ok, the thing is I sadly am 272 and 5 ft 9. I was losing weight from my 1st baby but then the BC made me gain 50 lbs in 3 months. My habits didn’t change I worked out and ate right and I still gained all that weight :(
I am so sad that I am so over weight. Surprisingly I am very healthy still for being over weight. I don’t look one bit like I weight over 200 lbs. Even my dr couldn’t believe. I don’t have high blood pressure or diabetes. I am besides weight perfectly healthy.
In my book that is GREAT.
Anyways, what can I do exercise wise to avoid gaining another 40 lbs?
I want to try to be as healthily as possible.
Please and thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there is a pregnancy pilates dvd that i bought while i was preggo. I loved it. Helps you to stay in shape, and also helps with stretching and working muscles to stay limber. Might want to check it out.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• OH P.S NO I am NOT trying to lose weight!!! So please don't make this about that. I just want to stay healthy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Walking 30 to 60 mins 5x's a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Thanks!! I didn't know they had things like that. With my little girl I went from 185 to 220ish. :(
    So I don't want to gain that much again. Thanks :)
    I will look in to that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My YMCA has all sorts of prenatal classes with an experience instructor. Water aerobics for pregnancy is really fun. Also, a lot of elderly ladies take the class. Some of them are really over weight too, so don't feel embarrassed. There are also yoga and pilates classes.

Walking every day is free. You can use leg and arm weights while you walk and do house work. Up to 5 lb weights are perfectly safe for pregnancy.

Make smart food choices. Nothing out of boxes. Nothing out of cans. Cook from fresh. Rice, beans, veggies, and fruits. Drink only water. That's what the baby wants anyway.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i walked around the track in my town a lot! it kept my energy level up and kept me toned. plus it was a great way to be out of the houe and get fresh air! you might also want to get yourself some prenatal yoga dvd's! those exercises and poses are designed for pregnancy, so they are safe to do! the one I have has three instructors who are all in different stages of pregnancy. so if one position was too much for me, they showed the instructor further along doing the pose a different way. and not only does prenatal yoga keep you fit and energized, the breathing they teach you will really help you when you have contractions!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2010