How can I move on?

It's been six days since I have heard from my friend that I hooked up with. I tried to get over it before but still texted him here and there so we could still try to be friends. I decided to stop but the he texted me with this sweet message thanking me for always being there and that he would always be there for me. I wrote him back and haven't heard from him since. We are friends on myspace and I see him on IM all the time, I feel tempted to message him but never do. I would think that if he wants to talk to me, then he would write me. I don't want to be one of those girls who won't go away after doing it, like for some guys it's just a one time thing and then they are gone no matter how long the friendship had been going on beforehand. I think about him and I do miss our talks but I gotta realize that he doesn't feel the same way, that our friendship is over and that the last msg he wrote was his last msg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Time will heal it. Losing a friend is the hardest part of situations like this. I made the mistake you made about 4 yrs ago and wish I had not have. I lost a good long time friend for a two day fling. It took me almost a year to get over him. I had to remove him as my friend online so I wouldn't keep seeing him and that helped. The constant reminder will just make it go on for a long time. Every time you see him it will rip the wound back open even if he is just signed on the internet. Keep busy and avoid people and avenues that will make you come in contact with him or thoughts of him. This isn't going to be easy but it can be done.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Thank you so much for your answer admckenzie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2010