Financial Aid office...Vent!

Im so frustrated with my schools financial aid office right now. Refund checks came out this past thursday, and i dont see why there should be a problem with my account. i recieved a check for the fall semester and no changes have been made, but of course, because i need this money there is a problem. No one wanted to return my calls, and no one can explain whats wrong in my face. They need to "research it" so i go online and i cant even begin to understand what theyve done to my account now, and im STILL waiting on that lovely call back...I cant keep dragging my kid out to their offices but im not getting anywhere over the phone. UGGG I HATE having to wait on money that i need so bad!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• One of my kids is done with college and my middle one is in college now. Anony1106 these college loans are based on approval from the colleges and government, some are also based on our credit as parents. ALL OF this money has to be paid backno matter whose name loan is in. The Creditor comes after EVERYONE on the loan. IT ALL gets paid back. The op IS ENTITLED to it WITH the approval of the creditor and school - colleges just take a f- looooonnng time to return them!!!!

op, I side with YOU give them a week and call them back on Thursday morning actually if you don't hear from them!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I know they're frustrating, but you act like they OWE you this money, and your ENTITLED to it.....You should be grateful you MIGHT get anything.
    Anonymous

• That money is MINE!! Its loan money and FEDERAL aid, not scholarships from the campus!!! IT IS MY MONEY!
    Anonymous

• Loans are NOT your money. It is something you should be  grateful to get. You pay it back it is NOT yours. Federal grants are NOT yours either. You should also be grateful to get those as well. Your sense of entitlement is sad.

Anonymous

• Call the loan provider directly. You can find out the exact dollar amount and disbursement date. They can even tell you if your college received the money. They can give you the check number too. Then you will be armed with all the info the folks in the financial aid office need.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• op for sure the money in question is not any of the anons having heartache. Don't ache over their opinions.

Get that money to help your family college years. ecodeni's idea's good too!!! The anons have nothing to do with the college and your family. We worked hard to get loans to help our kids through college tuiltion and college life and we're paying them all back.

When their kids all are done and through college they'll be crying another story.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Thanks!! I wish i knew what all the codes stood for in my account summary. I can see the date the money was recieved, but their coding is so off that you truly have to work for the school to get it!!! By the time it gets straightened out ill have my tax money lol!!!
    Anonymous

• Oh shut it
    Loans ARE NOT her money.
    I have done my loans and paid them back and NEVER felt the entitlement she is feeling. You SHOULD be grateful to be able to get them. They could just tell you NO
    Anonymous

• anon42 obviously did not get loans over tuition cost so she doesn't know what she's talking about.

Loans are absolutely the borrower's with the approval of the creditor allowing it - in this case surprise the college and the funding bank. The funding bank and college all know up front the cost of tuition and the amount being asked for if it's over that amount or lower or equal. It's either of their rights to refuse permission for over the amount.

Take a loong look at sallie mae etc. Loans are to cover school expenses over tuition and books in many cases.

Obviously you don't have the same loans as op does and my husband and I and additionally our two kids have.

Carry on with your head held high op. If the creditors didn't think yr amount was right meaning too much you would be declined that requested amount. If that's the case what ends up, u still should know that in advance to apply for scholarships, grants.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• She is talking about Financial AID, It does NOT have to be given to her.
    IF she doesnt want everyones opion then maybe she shouldnt ask.
    OR look for a site of the entitled
    Anonymous