in between potty and diapers

What did you do when your child was too heavy for the changing table, but not quite ready to be potty trained?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can change him on a towel on the bed or in the floor. How heavy is too heavy for a changing table? I'm still using one with my 2 1/2 year old who weighs 27.5 pounds.
    Anonymous

• my goodness, i haven't changed my dd on a changing table in well over a year. I just change her on the carpet at home. She is horrible with changing tables in public in general, throws a fit if i have to lay her down, so I usually change her by laying her on the seat of the car if we are out. Maybe try some pull ups, might be easier to change than a diaper.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I always start use the floor or bed by 5/6 months. I get tired of squirmy babies in the table. This baby never had a changing table. :)
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2010