Bullying: Is it addressed in your school?

Does your school do enough? Would you like to see them do more?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 12:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Our previous elem. school needed to do more and refused, I pulled my kids and put them in another school that has been wonderful! The sad thing is they are both in the same school district with the same policy on bully's, the staff at a school is what makes the difference.

The first school I was dealing with issues weekly and the principal would not do anything to stop it, i told her i would pull my son and she said that things wouldnt change if i went to a new school. She was wrong, one time, thats it there was one instance of a child who had also moved from the last school to the new one of trying to bully my son and the staff was all over it never had a problem again.

My son is now at the middle school and there was an instance at the start of the year, again with kids from the first elem school and the middle school took care of it right away, no more problems.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i think our school does too much, honestly. if one kid teases another they are called a bully. this was very normal when i grew up, and while teasing is not nice it is not bullying either.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My children school has 0 tolerance in bullying.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• we have only had one incidence so far where my son's classmates have bullied him. but we have an IEP tomorrow and i WILL be discussing that
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2010