my 3 year old daughter just recently started saying her foot is making noise.

she has said her foot is making noise, it feels like bees are in her foot, and that we need to let the bees out, but her foot won't unzip.lol. the first time she said this i didn't know what to think, but now i'm thinking maybe her foot fell asleep and she was trying to describe what it felt like. do you think that's what she was trying to say? or should i be worried about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• If she is saying it a lot then yes I would get it checked. If she is telling you this after sitting in her carseat or on the flooor once in awhile then probably her foot fell asleep.
    Anonymous

• op- she isn't saying it a lot. she has only said it like three times in the past few weeks. i have noticed that she is usually sitting when she says it, so i hope it's just her foot being asleep from sitting on it.
    Anonymous

• Is she showing any other signs, like fatique or difficulty standing up, pain? I am asking because I had rheumatoid arthritis as a small child, and during periods of flare-up, my joints might make creaking noises. It took forever to diagnose. If she's not showing pain symptoms and any other difficulties, then its probably not a cause for concern. :)
    Anonymous