international adoption

I was reading questions last night regarding this and was shocked at how many women call international adopters selfish! How is giving any child a home selfish? HAve you looked up for instance Russian orphanages? They are in crisis! hundreds of toddlers sharing rooms packed full of beds. Drinking potato water instead of formula because there is not enough funding! Millions of children developing learning disabilities and RAD due to no parental interaction. 1 nanny to every 7 kids in the Better situations. These kids dont even get baths. They are wiped down in a matter of a minute. No playing in the tub! Kids beating each other and stealing each others food because there isn't enough to go around. Of course these are children in America that need homes but are international children less deserving? GAH! I am totally disgusted by these comments. How can a mom call an adopter selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think adopting from another country is stupid and should not be allowed! There are plenty of children here in the US that need homes and people need to stop bringing other countries children over here! So be disgusted with my answer I am disgusted and annoyed with people who adopt from other countries!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't call them selfish. I just would rather adopt the kids in America that needs homes.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Have either of you adopted from the US? Have either of you adopted? Just curious.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• We are looking into adopting right now we are in the plans of building a house so we want to get that finalized before we adopt to make sure the child is not brought into the craziness of building and moving since they probably have had some kind of crazy life to begin with. I want the child to feel as comfortable as they can when they come into our home.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You dont seem like the type to adopt. I think you are lying
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:33 you do not know me, so you cannot even tell what type I am and if you were in any of my other groups you would know that I have posted some questions about adoption, I have even posted one on here, LOL. Nice try honey :)
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• posting questions about it is alot different than doing it. and saying children from different countries dont deserve homes as much as the all mighty american children is pretty selfish. selfish people do not adopt.

Anonymous

• Anon 1:18 your answers just go to show you do not know anything like you think you do, LOL thanks for the laughs today :)
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Lapcounter-- have you had your homestudy? I'm surprised that a social worker would approve you considering your feelings on foreign adoptions and your preconceived ideas about what kind of children are put up for adoption.
    Anonymous

• Children are precious and valuable and deserve to grow up with loving parents no matter where they were born. God leads people in different directions to form their families. I think adopting a child is unselfish regardless of where they came from.
    blessed11x

Answer by blessed11x at 9:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2010