Would you risk your life for your job?

Just had to ask..there seems to be a debate about lame excuses and going to work in inclimate weather....would you risk driving for a minimum wage job...And if you live in a state that 5 feet of snow a year is common..then i guess your used to it...this wouldnt really apply to you?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I got criticized bc I told my department head that if I had another student attack anyone in the classroom again I would quit. The cafemoms said I was a showing my "true colors" and making a bad situation for myself at work. Some of them said no job is worth risking your safety.

Now some jobs, like coal mining, race car driving, etc-- we know those are dangerous jobs. But teaching a college course shouldn't put someone at risk of being bludgeoned with a text book by a 24 year old man. And working in a call center shouldn't pose unreasonable physical risk either. Common sense.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• The debate was not whether you should risk your life to go to work. It was that you didn't call in and then are pissed that your employer was less than receptive of your excuse that calling slipped your mind.
    Anonymous

• Hubby made me stay home one day the first year we were in Utah because of the roads
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You really have no clue...what could slip your mind after sliding across six lanes with an infant in the car. Work was the last thing on my mind. PERIOD! But no my debate is if people would risk their lives for their jobs or not thanks!
    Anonymous

• Had you already been out driving in the inclement weather?

You really are clueless and a crappy employee. You are so concerned with making excuses for your mistake, that you can't see anything but your own view.
    Anonymous

• Yes I'd risk my life for my job. My job's raising my daughter so without hesitation I would give my life for her. Now there's no way I'd risk my life to go in to work somewhere for minimum wage if the roads are so bad I feel I can't drive on them. Grew up in Colorado so there's really very few snowy days I'm not comfortable driving in.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Yes my son got tubes friday, so we had to get his ear drops from the walmart thats three miles away. so we tried to take the perscription in...and dint make it!! THATS what i was telling my boss...my job is 20 miles past that pharmacy. and the weather got worse as we got home. I said it was my fault i didnt call...if i get fired F it, i just wonder how many people would risk it! Hence my question!
    Anonymous

• No, I have children to think about. Even schools close here if the roads are bad. I would call though.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You still don't see. The problem was NOT, not going into work. The problem was not calling in. That you had control of.
    Anonymous