what kind of van?

for moms with lots of kids, I need a van that can hold at least 3 car seats, 2 booster seats and 2-3 adults. Any Advice on what kind of Van I should be looking for? I need to buy used

Bjoycassell

Asked by Bjoycassell at 12:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you need to hold that many car/booster seats, you may need to look into a 15 pax van!
    I have four kids, all still in seats, and I have an 8 pax Pontiac Montana, and it fits our two booster seats and two car seats (they are convertible seats). The two adults sit in the front, though we can fit two additional (smaller) people in the seats in the back w/out car or booster seats. If any of your boosters are backless you may be able to fit those in the Montana as well.
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• We have a full-size van that will seat 7. It also has the option of adding another bench seat in the back, which would seat 3 more.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• that's a lot of people!!! The Toyota Sienna will fit the carseats, booster seats, and driver and passenger. I"m not sure if it comes with a bench seat option for the middle I've only seen it with captains chairs.. but if that's not enough for you you might consider a full size or 15 passenger van!
    I will eventually have to get a van like this too since my sister and I do everything together and in about a month there will be 5 kids between the two of us! I"m seriously looking into a Sienna.. they are really nice.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• the honda odyssey is a GREAT van! friend of mine has one and LOVES it.

I had a caravan - piece of CRAP! don't do it.

but there are lots of great full size vans that are nice and have enough seats.

or a suburban or a yukon - FIL had one of each and it fit a crowd with room to spare.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• we have a suburban..its the only thing that fits us.. any van we all try to fit in was too crammed... hubby and i in the front, we fit 2 carseats for the twins, a booster seat for my daughter in the middle row and in the back my stepson and stepdaughter sit and theres room for one more.. i also love the "trunk" (behind 3rd row) theres PLENTY of room for our double stroller, (walker for my handicapped sd), etc...
    mom2sierrarose

Answer by mom2sierrarose at 5:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010