Would you find this offensive ?

Ok well here is what I wrote to my aunt bc she once got mad at me for not updating her etc......... this mind you was days ago & she has not talked to me since. My mom passed away a week ago n I have no money to help pay. She asked me what was going on so I told her. Now I feel like I am losing my aunt bc of what I wrote.

January 27 at 10:19am
Hey didn't see you on today........... Hope all is well............ I just wanted to tell you that ***** sister ****** gathered 600.00 to help me with the funeral ........... I only have to get 200 for myself now which is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. I got to go to the dmv now to see if i give them a plate # if they could tell me if its in my moms name. if t is i am back to the funeral home for a death cert. so i can get it out of her name. Well anyways got to go pack pack pack.............. I wish the army was moving us lol i dint have to lift a finger then. Love

mahal628

Asked by mahal628 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• What did you say that was so offensive? Maybe you should call your aunt and check to make sure she's ok then ask her if anything is wrong.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it sounds offensive. It's what's going on in your life. If what you wrote awakened feelings of guilt in her for not helping pay for the funeral then that's her issue. It doesn't sound like you are trying to make her feel bad. Are you sure she read it & is reacting to it? Was your mom her relative? Is she grieving also? If you know she's mad then talk to her, if you don't then don't assume its you she's avoiding.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I tried to call her she wont answer her house phone or cell......... I see her on facebook i try to im her she signs off on me and i email send fb messages etc................ my uncle says nothing is wrong so i dont know what else to do. I don't feel i was rude i was just doing what she asked
    mahal628

Answer by mahal628 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• my mom was her sil and they didn't like each other long story thats a whole diff post.............. but my aunt had no problems with me until that update..... I don't expect them to help me bc of their differences i told her i just needed her support ....... it was my moms loser bf nice sister who offered to help me I din't even ask her for help I was just gonna do it alone.
    mahal628

Answer by mahal628 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I don't think it's the words as much as it's the flippant attitude. (not bashing, just reading and thinking)

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It seems a little, I don't know, light, for a family member having just died, but then DH is always like that online, no matter what is going on with us. It's hard to get the gist of something typed on a keyboard instead of said aloud face to face. Maybe she misunderstood, or maybe she is just busy with stuff and doesn't feel like communicating right now.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You maybe shouldn't have mentioned the money. Maybe she feels it is a criticism of her.

Answer by Bmat at 5:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Maybe but then again when she asked for an update she should not of included that she wanted to know how much I got and what I needed ya know what I mean. I figure maybe she will get glad in the same pants she got mad at me in LOL thank you everyone for your help and advice love 2 all
    mahal628

Answer by mahal628 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2010