for sahm's what do you do when the kids are sleeping or in school and all the chores are done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Read or watch tv. Have ME time.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• If my kid went to school I would have a part time job. Right now with him being only 2, I get on cafemom or take a bath.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Take a nap or surf the web. Or drink a cup of coffee and read a book.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I am not a SAHM but I have two days off that are during the week while my son is in school. On my last days off, the first day I drew and the next day I watched chicks flicks... most of the time I relax, play on the internet and listen to music.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• If its night time and they are asleep, hubby and I spend time together. Neither of them nap anymore. When they are at school, i do work around the house, chores are never done. My laundry is never ending.
    Anonymous

• Normally when they are in school I am out running errands, grocery shopping and I go to the gym. If I dont have to do any of those things I surf the web, go to the library, or meet up with a friend for coffee and to catch up.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Ha ha, If my baby is taking his nap and the other kids are at school, I do house work,(chores are NEVER done,) paperwork/organize , laundry goes on, & on in my house.I get on the compter, this is what I do when I take a break. I havn't red a book in well only god know's the last time I red a book.I love reading but I love being a good mom more, after the last baby was born I really lost my free-time, it'll be back , just not now.I still do enjoy what I do .
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 1:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• if i get too bored...ill go do some deep cleaning like cleaning my oven, dusting or washing windows or cleaning my cupboards out. i do like to take ME time to browse the internet too. if there's a holiday coming up like valentines day is...ill think up ways to create a project for my kids when they get home so they can make it for family members.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i am pregnant now, so i usually nap when they do!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I love how you assume that all the chores get done. There is never an end to chores. Ever.
    However, to answer your question when the kids are sleeping I workout. Take a shower, browse the internet, etc. I do whatever I want to do basically. I take time out for me, because when the kids are awake I can't get a consistant amount of time to do what I want to do. Either one needs food, changed, they need to be put down for a nap, etc. Then there's chores. If I have time after I've gotten time for myself I tackle the chores that I can't do while they're awake. Dishes for example, since our kitchen is closed off from where my one year old plays. I don't feel comfortable being in there doing dishes while he's out playing in the living room.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2010