Christians-what makes it a "Church" is it the building? the people? the service?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The people.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Lexy is right, it is the people. We are the church. Not a building.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• The people.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• the people...you can have church outside, in someone's home, wherever...

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• The body of Christ ( people)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Lexylex is right. She usually is. I love her! Don't forget the scripture to not forsake assemblage (I want to say it's in Hebrews but my memory wanes). Assemblage is of course of the people Lexylex mentioned.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• um god and the people... any 2 or more people meeting anywhere to praise and worship god.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• A LOT of others mentioned people
    Anonymous

• I've gone to the same church most of my life. The people come and go. The building stays the same.
    novemberborn

Answer by novemberborn at 8:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• What makes a church is not just the people. It's gathering in the name of Jesus, having the Word of God taught, people getting baptized, and partaking of the Lord's supper. If people are just meeting together and they are believers that is fellowship, it's not a functioning 'church'. The churches in the Bible that met in homes prayed, taught and heard the Word, provided for one anothers needs and other churches' needs, were baptized in water and the Spirit and took communion. They also washed each others feet I think. So yes, people make the church but people being together doesn't automatically make it the church.
    Anonymous