Pants or clothes with wording across the butt: Yay or nay?

Why or why not?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 1:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Barf! I think it looks bad. If your ass is wide enough to be a billboard, it is too wide. I have a big butt, but would never advertise that fact by bringing attention to it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i have sweatpants/sleep shorts with writing on the butt .. i think it looks fine as long as your butt isn't hanging out.
    i typically only wear them out.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• oops, i meant to say, i typically only wear them INSIDE the house. i only wear them out if i am going to the store real quick.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• lol...I bought a pair of velvety pants with a rhinestone skull and crossbones on the booty! when they got here though they were brown and not black-(there was a screw up with hubby ordering them) anyhow...I jsut HAD to have them for some reason-but ended up not really ever wearing them!

I think the stuff on the butt thing is over now anyhow isn't it? seems like it only lasted a couple years
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I have no issue with it. My high school actually tried to implement a no words on the butts rule. I made them have to reverse it. I took a pair of pants and wrote a Bible verse on it. They couldn't tell me I couldn't wear them, especially since they tried to do it in the middle of the school year.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Definitely NAY for me. I don't think I need to draw more attention to my butt, and definitely don't want my daughters wearing that kind of stuff. I think it is very tacky.
    Anonymous

• Nay! One of the best rules for dressing is to wear those articles of clothing that draw attention to no body part other than the face. It's also a good rule to teach to your children. If one wears clothing with words on the butt, guess which body part you are drawing attention to?? If we want our children to be attractive for who they are on the inside as people with much to offer, then we cannot condone wearing the clothing that cries for the noticing of the sensual areas of their bodies.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I have a pair of Pj's and a pair of sweats that has wording on the butt and I don't see anything wrong with it and honestly I never thought about it. My 4.5 year old has a pair of pj's that has wording on the butt and then she has 2 pairs of shorts that an in law gave her from her grand-daughter never thought about it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I have no problem with it!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Nay.. I never really liked that trend. They tried to make our gym uniforms like that in HS and I hated it! I refused to wear the 'uniform pants' and wore my own sweats (the 'uniforms' were sweatpants with the words on the butt that the school sold..) I think its cute for pictures or something with really little kids, but not something I would typically wear. But then again, my butt is too big already so I don't need any more attention drawn to it!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2010