this is more of an off the wall Q.

While reading about circumcising or not, I wonder why God was only concerned of the age a man is circumcised and not whether it's clean or not. I know.... the "pain".. , but listen to how we would be if we weren't so engrosed in what we ask as opposed to what are we even asking for.
Most people are against pain, and don't want to hear the crying going on.
But to examine God's purpose was exactly what I wonder is being overlooked the entire time we are questioning what age is good or to do the C thing or not to do it. My observation is the bible is saying that status is nothing, and if that is what men think its based on it's for pride. They aren't getting any better sex as far as I've been informed. Or is that really the idea??? Are men with no Circ. any diff. with sex/????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I am not sure what your question is regarding the biblical position on circumcision. It is mandated, Jesus was circumcised, but with the spread of ' Pauline ' christianity in Rome, it was dropped as the Romans did not practice it or approve of it. This was a political decision really, as it would not have been so easy to recruit converts if the men had to be circumcised. As to age, outside of judao-christian society, it is usually done at puberty.

As to the difference with sex, I have found circumcised men are less prone to premature ejaculation, my husband is circumcised and I prefer it that way, but I don't think there is any meaningful difference generally speaking..
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• both my boys had their circumcision done at a day old. our didnt have anything to do with bible. its was more for hygiene not intercourse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2010