ok so how about shirts with rude or inappropriate sayings on them?

Like 'Give me Candy' or 'One big bad mother sucker' or 'my daddy is a dead beat'

I HATE them. I don't even like the one's that say stuff like 'Party in my crib 2 am' I think they are tacky as all get out! And if I don't want my kids to say it I sure don't want it on their clothes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think they're hilarious to look at, the idea of it is funny, but I don't think I would ever let my daughter wear one.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 3:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• for me- i guess it depends on what exactly it says... I would be ok with give me candy, but the others you mentioned-not so much!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I think there are some shirts that are okay but others are just a little much for a child to wear. It all depends on the parents and what they find appropriate for their family. Not every parent is okay with a shirt that says "pull my finger" but honestly i would let my kids wear it at home, not to school but at home it would be okay.

One of my sons also has a shirt that has a squirrel with a helmet and a shield standing next to a pile of nuts and below it says "protect your nuts" Most people would think it meant one thing when in fact it truly meant what it says, the shirt was given to him after he competed in a tournament and the goal was to keep the other team from stealing the nuts. I dont let him wear it to school because with my luck he would run across a parent or teacher who would make it into something lewd and complain.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• world is full of things that you don't want your kids to see. the world isn't going to change to suit your needs or wants-
    But I do think that most are pretty tacky- My husand likes some of them like "there's definately something wrong with me", "I'm not trying to be difficult, it just comes naturally"- "I have a BS degree"-"or my personal favorite- "you're just jealous beccause the voices talk to me"- then he tops it off with a button that says "now my little voices want a consulting fee!"
    Anonymous

• Yeah not so much here
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I'm not a big fan of the shirts with sayings either, well, the rude ones anyway.
    Anonymous

• Depends on what they say really. I have many a T-shirt from running races. They usually state the name and place of the race and a tag line of some sort towards the worthy cause they were held for. I am okay with these and actually quite proud of them because I have worked hard to earn them.

Now when it comes to rude sayings, etc., definitely a no-no for myself as well as my teens. I also will not permit them to wear anything advertising any product that they are not old enough to consume, i.e., alcoholic beverages or tobacco, various other smoking materials, etc. Just the way I am I guess, and I don't care how inexpensive the shirt was if it says something that I consider bad or questionable, it's not happening.
    Anonymous

• its funny to browse through, but I'd never wear one, and I won't allow my girls to wear anything that trashy either.

they do also have a dress code at their school banning any clothing with slang/inappropriate words.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It just depends on what it says.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i love em! except the one that says mommy drinks because i cry. but i plan on getting ones from spencers that say "i love boobies" or "daddys lil squirt" i think they are cute and funny.
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 4:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2010