What did you think if Obamas speech at the GOP meeting?

If you got a chance to see this what did you think? Was it a political move focused mainly on blaming republicans for his failures so far?

Heres what I think..
To answer my own question ..yes.What I heard was this..a half assed acceptence of responsibility for the lack of transparency he and his admin have shown (that he promised would be)..half assed because he added in a ton of excuses 'but but but but'.He was clearly angered and seething inside(he cannot handle critisism) basically telling republicans if it wasnt for them hed not be doing as badly..ton of bs the dems had the majority the issue is within their party as far as im concerned because with that majority they could pass whatever they wanted regardless of the republicans saying NO.He said the rhetoric came form both sides...threw it in near the end of his rant quicklyof never ending blaming republicans.

So typical Obama nothing new..and imo a waste

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 2:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He was impatient, condescending, and aloof. He treated them as if he was there because someone told him to be there, but he really didn't want to. He blames them for his problems when he didn't allow them a voice. He calls them obstructionist all the while not listening or even entertain any tidbit of a republicans idea. His version of compromise is someone completely agreeing with what he and his party say. I have begun to loathe him (and Pelosi, and Reid, and all the rest of the progressives). I actually find I like the people who are still just democrats. 

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You can find video of it by doing a search im sure
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My perspective is vastly different. Especially your comment about him seething. I think he made excellent points and was honest about BOTH parties needing to accept responsibility for the situation our government faces. Just goes to show that bias definitely skews perspective.

Anonymous

• Mistake in my title *of* not if
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Fine anon but I know when one is not really taking responsibility for their own..if its a real accpetance or half assed..I have five children so been there done that..but thanks for the input
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I agree. Anon :45....bias does skew perspective. Our President is trying his best. He could achieve world peace and cure cancer but TN would still find fault with him.
    Anonymous

• anon when he does those things come talk to me ;p Trouble is you have very low standards for him..thats the truth of the matter
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I saw part of it. What I saw was one man (pub) asking another man (pres) a simple yes or no question. The answer was (every time) a lecture about how this or that was before he walked in the door (thus, not his fault) and whine whine whine about how the pubs aren't playing fair, they don't understand, etc. etc. etc. And he would never answer the simple yes or no. So, taking into account the fact that the Pres has not talked to the pubs (nor has the Chief of Staff) for what, a whole YEAR!?!, and none of his bills have been passed yet, this was nothing more than a photo op. And a chance to lecture the pubs for listening to what the people want and doing their best in that regard. O still does not understand that he (and the dems) have horrible policies and that is the problem. Nothing personal, just bad policy. I reckon he will try to explain it again, like we don't understand what he wants to do.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• One thing Obama did say right,although hes wrong as to the reasoning for it,was how the republicans have to worry about their seats too...YOU BET THEY DO..and all policticians should be afraid of losing their seats at all times so it is best for them to do what is right and thats listen to US they serve us not the other way around.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I saw part of it. 29again.

It is obviious that you saw the Fox news cut version.

Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 4:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2010