Do you let you kid pee on the side of the road?

Because it is easier or only when they can't hold it no more. I let my girls and boys pee on the side of the road cus it's easier than makin them hold it til we find a rest stop or gas station. plus gas stations are nasty!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• my grandmother on long road trips would have a giant pickle jar in the car....lol
    Anonymous

• My son did it once, 12 years ago, but as a rule, they wait for a rest stop. I would never let my daughter - eewww.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• absolutely! When you gotta go you gotta go. And I would rather them pee on the side of the road than have an accident in the car. (Thats how my son learned to pee standing up :-)
    Anonymous

• It's not a matter of LET, that's desperation in action!
    I have one daughter (8) who has bladder trouble (we have seen a specialist, and have all kinds of techniques that help, but there are some times when life just happens.) and when she has to go, it means NOW, even if we just used the facilities 2 miles back.

I hope as my kids get older they'll be able to tell me far enough ahead, and hold it long enough, to guarantee making it to a facility, but for now, it's the roadside or the car upholstery, and I'll take indecency over a nasty car and wet and cranky child.
    The grass doesn't mind!
    MamaBird76

Answer by MamaBird76 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• We live in a rural area and most times all you have are bushes lol, the next rest stop could be 50-100 miles I am not going to make them wait.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• and I LOVE the idea of a pickle jar! that could save me SOOOO much trouble!!! (I'm sure my grandmother would have done something just as practical!)
    MamaBird76

Answer by MamaBird76 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• On a long trip with rest stops that are few and far between, but all means I would let them. I live in a large city though and this sort of occasion very rarely happens for us. There is always a 7-11, etc., just up the block.
    Anonymous

• my parents used to try to MAKE me, but I would never want to do it. If I complained too much about having to pee they would just pull off.
    Gecko85

Answer by Gecko85 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• gotta do what you gotta do. especially with the freshly potty trained kid.

but only in a rural area where there isn't anything around, I do try to find a bathroom first though.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• If its a must. Why not? Dh does it often. Though we live in the rural. I used to babysit my friend's DDs and they peed' outside all the time. DH frowned on that and tried to encourage them to go in and use our bathroom. I guess he didn't want our DDs to learn that! They didn't. I felt I didn't have the right to correct my friend on what was okay for her DD's. I Loved once how Elizabeth Hasselback said she pulled off the side of the road went in a building & peed' in Grace's diaper. Then Grace told on her! We all have to Go!! I sit back and think of jobs I had where you had to hold it for so long! I recall after the birth of my DD. I didn't pee for one Day though I so had to! But I couldn't. I snuck out of the hospital bed over the bars. Went to the bathroom couldn't pee, Hit my head on the wall from being Dizzy and unwel. So having to hold pee' in hurts! I have a Friend that has a Antique shop & NO plumbing.Have to hold it!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2010