problems after giving birth?

Is this normal/common?

I had my daughter 4 months ago and since then I've had nothing but problems down there.

My periods have been horrendous, insane cramping and heavy bleeding, tons of clotting. I figure that's probably to be expected for a while but what's worrying me is that in between periods and just randomly I get a weak feeling in my pelvic region and my ovaries are killing me...they feel like they are bruised or something and the pain is ridiculous...sometimes it hurts to walk and my legs start to give out.

what's going on??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to contact your dr.
    Anonymous

• Definitely NOT normal. Call your doctor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I had a lot of pain too, I ended up having ovarian cysts and a tumour. hurt like crap...

I 'd call your doctor to get checked out - even if it is just your body trying to regulate itself.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I would see your doctor. I clotted for a week after I had my baby, I wouldn't think you should clot for 4 months. The cramping is normal. As for feeling weak do you have problems with your iron levels? I would definitely see a doctor you shouldn't be in pain.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY ditto anonymous. and if the OB you see already can't come up with a good answer and a clear action plan, then see a different one.

some pelvic floor weakness is, while not ideal, pretty common, and it's possible you have an extreme case of something like that (a prolapse of the vaginal walls, for instance, which there are exercises for) and it CAN take months for your hormones to regulate. BUT you need to know what the cause is before you can know what to do about it.
    Don't be shy, it's the only Vag you get, mama, and you deserve to have it WORKING!!!!

MamaBird76

Answer by MamaBird76 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2010