Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

change the locks on house

Has any of u ever experienced your husband change the locks on the house doors so u couldnt get in? the house is owned by his mother and we rented from her with no rental agreement. He has done this to me more then once in 6 years. we are separated now and he wants me to go back. the police can not do anything to let me back in. unless i broke in which they "the police " could not stop me. So then he screwed in the windows and boarded us the doors. It is my primary place of residence. When this happens I take my older son with me he's 8 from my previous marriage. We also have a son 3 in common that he keeps from me when this happens.

Answer Question

Asked by tucsonmomof2 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

Level 4 (36 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • 1 - leave his ass
    2 - If you are established there as your residency, as in you get your mail there, he can not legally keep you out - I had to call the cops on an ex once that I lived with and unless I presed charges and they took him to jail they would not make him leave the house, because he lived there too

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

  • And you are still with this loser why?

    Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

  • Why would you want to go back to a man like that? He can't keep your son. Go to legal aid if you can't hire a private attorney and get custody or at least visitation of your son. The man sounds insane.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.