Would you reprimand someone else's child if you saw them doing something wrong in a store?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not unless it was a safety hazard to another person. Not my problem if you kid is doing something wrong. I might give them the "Mom Look" but I'm sure not saying anything.
    Anonymous

• i might tell the manager
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I might look at them, but unless it is a safety hazard, or they are throwing things off the shelf and in my way, I would probably let it go-- I pity the moms that have to deal with it... but people need to learn to discipline, not just be "a friend"
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Not unless it was putting my child in danger!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• depends on what they were doing- the other day I saw a kid eating stuff off the floor, so I said kind of loud 'sweetie, I don't think your mom would want you eating that, it's been on the floor!'
    so the mom heard it, thanked me and took it away from the kid.

but if they are doing something that people just didn't like, I don't think I'd bother.
    Anonymous

• Sure I would. I've commented to kids running through the store before.
    Anonymous

• I once yelled at a kid in a mall to slow down because he almost ran into me with his wheelchair- you should have seen the looks I got from people! My best friend was a wheelchair user and she'd told me of some of the accidents she'd had showing off with it or going too fast-
    Anonymous

• I agree that it depends on what they are doing. Generally I wouldn't say anything, but when we were in Disney World there was a kid drinking right out of the soda machine. I had no idea where his mom was, so I said, "That is nasty, cut it out!" His mom came out of nowhere and acted as if I had slapped him. Ridiculous! Control your kids!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Well, that depends on a lot of factors. If I saw something like stealing - yes. If I saw them doing something that would cause another person harm - yes. If they were just being rowdy - no. I would tell my own kids that if they ever behaved like that - well, they knew the rest. But, if it were the child of a close friend and we looked after each other - definitely.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• If some kid were doing something to one of my grandkids, yea i would yell at them, i have done that before.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 6:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2010