Planning a tea party for dinner...can't decide

what to serve!

I've got tons of ideas but they've all flown the coop this afternoon. lol...its saturday what can I say?

so, 3 girls and me. having a tea party instead of our normal pizza saturday night.

what should we have?

hypermamaz

Asked by hypermamaz at 4:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• How is the weather by you? It is really cold here. Something warm and cozy like chicken pot pie or something rich and hearty like lasagne would be good. Doesn't really sound like tea party food though...maybe some french dip sandwiches or french bread open faced chicken salad melt. Have some dainty little cookies/bisciuts and tea for dessert maybe.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• its dark and gloomy (trying to snow) lol - we usually do pizza and a movie but daddy's working late.

thinking about hitting the M&M meatshop down the road and picking up some finger food fun stuff.

thinking cap is running. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• scones with clotted cream and lemon curd
    finger sandwiches (cream cheese with thinly sliced cucumer; watercress and butter; etc.)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• well, tea sandwiches and Radishes would be proper with some scones. but I am in the mood fro bar food. I am going to do some wings and skins.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 8:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• thanks!

we did lemon tarts (the lemon comment reminded me about the jar of lemon curd in the fridge)

mini pizzas (somehow we're out of bread)

I got out my paring knives and cut veggies into flowers and pretty things.

fancy crackers and some cute little dainty cookies.

they LOVED it! got out the china, silver, crystal and the pretty candles.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010