Kids dad gets them to school late

What rights do I have if I see a few small problems going on with my xh and his visitiation time with our daughters? One is, he talks on his cell phone while driving with them and it is against the law here. The other is he gets them to school late and when reminded by me and our daughters to leave earlier so they're not late, he says ok, but falls back into the bad habit. Anything I can do through the courts or is this considered too small a problem that courts wont do anything about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• first get proof from school on days they are late, it should correspond to his visitations. take that and your concerns to your lawyer/court rep. And see what they say, the rules/regs/laws are different in every state.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Op now: so the records from the school will definitely help, but regarding his cell phone useage, it would be dismissed as a slap on the wrist. When we first went to court over visitation, he actually got away with interupting and yelling at the female judge after she gave him a warning regarding some other wrong things he does. I've been told by some friends that most judges don't want to see you back in court without a lengthy documented sheet about the issues againsts the other person. Lengthy meaning up to a years time! omg!
    Anonymous

• Breaking the law is a big enough problem to go to court over. He is endangering the life of your children. I would tell him to stop or you will take it to a Judge and see what he has to say about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010