bottle to sippy cup

how old was your baby when you stopped giving the bottle? Did youeer give milk in a bottle? What sippy cup did youfind to be the easiest for him/het to drink from?

My daughter is going to be 10 mo in a couple of days and doesn't drink froma sippy cup yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter started when she was 9 m drinking water only. I breastfed and after I weaned her, she would not drink cows milk. Just start giving your baby his formula/milk in a sippy cup...my kids tended to like the playtex insulated ones...
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• my sons were 6 months when i introduced them to sippy cups with water and later on with baby juice. They chewed on them for a while and eventually found out they can drink juice.....occasionally I would put milk in there and they got very used to sippy cups at a young age. By the time they were both one, they were both off of the bottle completely....they learned through constantly giving them the cup multiple times every day......
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My daugher JUST learned how to drink from a sippy cup and she is 10 months old (corrected age from being born early). Give her the sippy cup to play with, put water in it so she can get sips of water if she figures it out. With meals, give her a sippy cup with something fun in it (milk, juice, etc) and give her sips throughout the meal to help wash down the food. Expect for her to get whatever is in the cup all over her, when my daughter would get a mouthful of juice or water it would startle her and she would drool it all out, but it was interesting and tasted good so she would try again. Eventually she figured it out.
    Gooberzilla

Answer by Gooberzilla at 5:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• my son drank from bottle only about 10 times his entire first year. we breastfed til 21 months. his favorite sippy was the cheap kind from walmart that are 98 cents. we wouldn't drink from anything else no matter how hard we tired. he is 22 months old now and he won't drink from a sippy anymore he gave them up on his own. so now only drinks from big kid plastic cups. no spills on purpose either.
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 6:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My youngest still gets his bottle. He uses it in the morning for milk and overnight for water. My oldest used his for milk in the morning until HE was ready to give it up and he was 2.5 years old to the day. I don't understand the 'need' to force a baby off the bottle. Sippys are no different except they LOOK more grown up.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• started sippy around 6mos. Take bottle away at 12mos. That what I did with all three.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was 5 months when I introduced the sippy cup. They have these great training sippy cups at wal-mart. She just turned one a few weeks ago and has used only a sippy cup since she was 9 months old. Ohh and to the mom that let her son keep the bottle till he was 2.5 there is a problem with letting them keep it that long. Any good pedi doc will tell you that it makes their teeth rot and grow in wrong.
    JazmineLilly

Answer by JazmineLilly at 12:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2010