Possibly in a bind

Hello, my husband and I have been trying to conceive now for 4mos. We have an 19mos old son. Well, my husband lost his job this month, a victim of our "recovering" economy. I think we may have been successful with conceiving, though but I am really scared we chose a bad time. I am afraid of what will happen and if people will look down on us for having a second child while we're low on money. I work two jobs right now and my son is shuttled back and forth between family and friends. Abortion is not an option, so I guess I'm looking for encouragement more than anything. Any words of wisdom or advice?

cjbj08

Asked by cjbj08 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just keep in mind that you are not the only ones that have gone though something like this. Those other couple made it through and im sure you will too.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• When you decided to have another child, your where doing good financially. You can not predict the future right? How did you know he was going to loose his job. do not beat your self up about it.

Answer by louise2 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It is not you or your husbands fault he lost his job. I lost my job right before we found out we were pregnant and we explained to our families that God will not give us more than we can handle and if I knew I was going to be unemployed we obviously would not have gotten pregnant. If anyone, family or friend, gives you any lip, ask them to step back and put themselves in your shoes. You need all the support you can get especially in the first trimester when things can be scary. If someone isn't supportive don't hang around them too much until they can realize that the baby is a beautiful blessing. Keep your head up:)
    MissMeredith

Answer by MissMeredith at 4:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Your not the only one! My husband and I are 14wks preg with our 4th child, and he lost his job too. I still feel that way a little bit, but you know what, you do what you have to do, and don't listen to the people that would bring you down.
    Anonymous

• you can't predict the future.

what happens always happens for a reason (at least I think so)

good luck and congratulations!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Life happens. My first child was 100% planned. My husband had a great paying job and great insurance. We had a nice little savings. When I was 3 months pregnant he got laid off with NO WARNING. We ate up our savings and I had to get on pregnancy Medicaid and Food Stamps. All the jobs he found paid significantly less than his former job, so we had to stay on assistance for over a year.

Even the best laid plains are thwarted by reality. It happens. It could happen to anyone at anytime.
    Anonymous

• There are so many services out there that help people in your situation. You cannot predict the future you or your husband might be offered an even better situation. I have learned though that no matter what its best if you are always able to rely on yourself. I wish you the best of luck
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about what others think. Sometimes life throws you a curve, and you just have to move on and do the best you can. I hope things look up for you soon.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I are in a financial pinch since he is the only one working. We just recently had our baby and no one we know is looking down on us because we had a child in this situation. If you are pregnant, just think, you have time to try and make things better before he or she gets here.
    Don't worry hun, it is always darkest just before dawn. ^^
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 5:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Almost that exact same thing happened to me. But now my daughter is over a year old and is doing exceptionally well. Are we in a great place financially? No, but it is getting better, we are getting by, and our daughter adds more joy to our life than I ever thought possible even though she was conceived at pretty much the worst possible time.
    Gooberzilla

Answer by Gooberzilla at 5:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2010