Hypoglycemia?

It's been 3 weeks now since I have had my son. Since he was born, it doesn't matter if I wear socks or slippers but my feet sweat so bad that my socks and/or slippers are soaked. I have also had this bruise like feeling under my upper left arm and sometimes it affects my fingers. I get this achy feeling. I'll also get faint and feel like I'm going to pass out, I'll develop a cold sweat and get all nervous. Just last night I thought I was having a heart attack.
Any ideas on whether this could be hypoglycemia or something else?

hazelnutx

Asked by hazelnutx at 5:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Health

• After you have a baby you do get sweaty like that for a few weeks. I know I did. Can't remember the reason why again.

Not sure on all your symptoms combined, but the fact that your hormones are all crazy right now, you are probably working off little sleep, dehydrated etc..probably come into play. Also I think some women get thyroid issues after having a baby.

I would make sure to eat smal meals like every 2-3 hours and start filling up large cups of water to sip throughout the day. Try to rest as much as possible ( I know that is hard) and if possible get out and get some fresh air etc...

If you have a fever or anything of course call the doctor.
    Anonymous

• I'm hypoglycemic and that doesn't sound anything like what I experience.
    I would suggest calling your doctor though.
    Anonymous

• I'm hypoglycemic as well, and I've never experienced those symptoms.

I agree, call your doctor. It sounds like it could possibly be anxiety attacks.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2010