i dont get it???

my dd was very quiet and shy.she doesnt have many friends.she does have one that behaves badly.she has gone to the principles office...she doesnt seem to have to many other friends either.well my daughter seems to be picking up some of the actions of this girl?i dont know what to dothis is only the real friend she plays with.my dd takes karate and girl scouts.she will be doing swimming in the spring.my dd seems to be getting worse every day. my dh and i are very concerned.we have talked to her ..it works for a while and then wears off.believe me i dont spank her (shes 10)but i am firm....any ideas at all.

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• have the kid over, be super nice to her. try to pick her brain, why is she bad? most kids are good inside and some are struggling with things. maybe you can help her. and if dd gets in trouble with her, you do have to tell her that she would loose her privledge to hang out with her outside of school/ best of luck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I would limit the time they spend together. it could be that your daughter is trying to fit in with her since shes the only friend thats she is close to. So you might want to keep an eye on their friendship and maybe try to introduce her to another girl who is more like her. Kids get into alot of trouble because of peer pressure and she about to get into a crucial stage at her life where she could be influenced easliy. And if things get too out of control you should stop the friendship altogether.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• OP____both good answers...i think the problem is that the mom had cancer about 3 yrs ago.it was a really bad time for the dd and her dad.the mom recovered and went back to work full time and recently got fired.(nothing to do with the economy)she opened her mouth once to many times....this girl has 2 older brothers.one is in college. the other is an out cast. the mom openly told us he smokes weed.he was caught.that is a problem with me right now...(the girls are young)he has lots of parties when tthe parents are out that they dont know about.but we see.this girl(we think)doesnt get that much attention at home...the mom after having cancer is very into herself.the dad does everything.let me also say that we are both about 50 yrs old.and live in a middle income neighborhood.not that it matters but it does help to know what is behind the parents...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2010