Should I cancel my friend request to her or just let it go?

I found a girl I used to hang out with all the time on FB so I sent her a friend request (which I never send anyone). There was 6 of us that hung out together... she was friends with 3 of the other girls (that's how I found her page) Anyways, my best friend joined FB about a week after I sent the request (she is apart of the 6 of us)... and a couple days later (yesterday) I saw on my news feed that the friend I sent a request to wrote on my best friends wall that she was glad to hear from her and how excited she was... she never did accept my friend request and I guess she wasn't happy to hear from me :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• that may not be the case- it's easy to miss those friend requests, and those sites can be very temperamental. She may have not even received it-
    if there's a way to contact her directly I would to make sure all is OK-
    otherwise I would just let it go-
    if it is a case where she doesn't want to hear from you then it's her loss-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I miss requests because I have my screen magnified to 125%, so some of the page gets cut off...in fact the part that shows friend requests...does she have vision problems? Just a thought...
    Anonymous

• I'd wait and wouldn't do anything right now.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I agree w/admckenzie. Don't do anything or assume anything. That's the risk of sending a request unfortunately. Look if she ignored the request, the bright side is that you know she's not a friend and it's better to know that now than later. Don't let it eat you up, it happens to everyone. : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i have deleted so many friend requests when i was clicking ignore on all those app invites i get on a day to day basis.......and its always on accident....so give her a chance...send her a message and say hi,how are ya...i sent ya a friend request.....no biggie....if that doesnt get her attn then just forget about it.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2010