What is the most effective way to induce labor?

one of my friends is a week over due and she want to try to go into labor she has been looking things up, but i thought i might get on here and see what other moms say is some really effective ways (besides sex) lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lots of walking. my mom said one time to me to have one foot on the curb and one in the gutter and walk like that. though you may look a little weird lol.
    Anonymous

• Walking and sex,
    Has she dialated at all? If not then sorry but nothing will work. Even over due if your body hasnt started nothing works, not even medical.
    I have heard once tho that if you eat fresh NOT canned pinnapple that is supposed to help, IF you have started already...
    I hope your friend goes in to labor soon
    Anonymous

• nothing, not trying to be a downer but i have tried everything. i have tried walking for hours, i have tried sex, i have tried the spicy food, i have tried eating pinnaple, i have even tried some herbal tea that my midwife gave me and that did nothing. i am 2 cm and have been staying there. so i guess its just all up to your body.
    Anonymous

• I've been slowly dilating with no pain for two weeks (now at 4), but i have PUPPP, and would really like this to happen sooner than later. I also refuse to be medically induced. Ive tried everything except pineapple and castor oil... So i just called my husband to get him to pick up some pineapple. Dont have high hopes, but i like pineapple anyway.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 8:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Wait until the baby is ready to be born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2010