Would you marry a stranger just so you could get medical insurance?

A woman in CA said she wants to marry so she can get health insurance in order to pay for multiple expensive medications to treat her condition. Her COBRA is going to run out next year. She takes 15 medications a day. She is now advertising for someone to marry her to allow her to get coverage to pay her medical costs.

LIZARD66

Asked by LIZARD66 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Health

• yikes, is she on state aid or anything or dissability?..
    Anonymous

• no way i would move try yo move to europe or get on state insurance
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• rolling on floorI don't really know how to answer that. I'm not in that dire of a situation but I guess if all else fails it might be a way to go. Then again I am not into marriage. Don't they allow significant others to be on insurance? I might do that. The marriage thing just scares me.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I guess that might work if some man needs a dependent....or is same sex marriage legal in that state? I may have been politically incorrect in my statement. I should have said if someone needs a dependent.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• gosh i would!!! it's not like someone my age can get state help with anything!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• wow i would have to be in that predicament....I imagine she's running out of options and is getting desperate....it could probably cost her her life if she doesnt find some means to care for herself......If thats what she has to do then I would support her decision....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I could see it happening.
    Anonymous