baby monitors

I hear weird talking on my monitor recently. My monitor just ran out of batteries and I didn't have any so I plug the monitor to the wall. Now I hear a radio station like a talk show ( never plays music) . I know I could just switch the channel on the monitor but for some reason it doesn't work. But the thing is when it just had batteries I didn't hear the talk show. Has this ever happened to anyone?

One time I did pick up the neighbors child crying but I moved since then , so I know it's not that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I haven't had this happen but I know baby monitors can pick up things like radio stations. Probably the cord is acting as an antenna. I once read a newspaper article about a baby monitor picking up images from the space shuttle (no joke)!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 6:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I can't say I've had that problem and I use my monitor all the time.
    jersey32girl

Answer by jersey32girl at 7:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My monitor picks up a tv station. Not sure why and only if I plug into an outlet, it never does it with just the batteries.
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 7:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i used to be able to hear my neighbors on cordless/cell phone.... very interesting glimpse at your neighborhood! i always just plugged it in. why buy batteries when you dont need to!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Maybe it's a TV station I'm not sure. I just found it very strange. The batteries is so I can walk around the house with it.
    ~OP
    Anonymous

• Our last apartment was right near a freeway and every now and then I would hear truckers CB radios over my computer speakers. Freaked me out the first time because the computer was turned off and suddenly I hear voices coming from the speakers.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2010