To anyone who had a spinal block.

I had my 2 nd c-section on the 21st and was wondering if anyone had a spinal headache after it. I think i have one and it started 3 days ago. I have tried everything to get rid of it. What else can I do.

MommyTessier

Asked by MommyTessier at 6:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a brief one with my second c-section, but it was only that day....
    Anonymous

• I had a serious one with my first and rest was the only thing that helped with that one, which wasn't too hard to do because I couldn't sit up without feeling sick. With my 3rd, I had a slight one and my doctor told me to drink a little coffee and that seemed to help (caffeine). If it's really bad call your doctor and let them know, they may be able to do something for you.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 7:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I had one with my second..... i tried everything too. i eventually call my dr.... cuz i couldn't stand it anymore.....
    Zanesmommy

Answer by Zanesmommy at 7:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• massage your scalp, your temples, neck, sinus passages. Anytime you have meds your body takes a while to get em all out of your system, you could still be detoxing. Massage helps move all the toxins out faster, drink lots of water too. Also assuming after having a c sect that you are still on some type of pain meds? If this is the case you may wanna call your dr about something else. Has your diet changed? Sure its not lack of sleep? Just suggesting other causes, think about all the changes in your life recently, may be something else causing your headache. Hope you feel better & good recovery from your cgood luck

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• OMG I HAD ONE!!!! it sucked sooo bad i actually passed out. the dr said that my spinal fluid was leaking they had to put blood back in there to clot the spinal hole. if you're blacking out at all then go to the er, it took me three days and passing out numerous times.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My mom had the same thing happen as angevil53 they had to go back in to her spin and put blood in to clot the leaking fluid!!! that is awful!!!! and scarry.. hope you get better, I am going to have to have a 2nd c-section and that is a fear for me!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i did too swetie, but the pain meds they perscribed me really helped...
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 4:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2010