As a SAHM why are you not embarrassed?

As a SAHM why are you not embarrassed if your husband/SO comes home to a messy/dirty home or no dinner? Why do you not have time to do basic maintence?

I see many SAHM say their Dh doesn't expect anything done at home. IMO thats a bunch of crap and I don't believe it for a second, it just sounds to me like there are a lot of lazy ass woman out there.

So whats your excuse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm a sahm. It takes only a few minutes to do chores. I really don't see why it's so "hard" for some women to not find time to do them. I think it usually comes down to being selfish. Sure, we want to spend time with the kids, but why not teach them how to pick up after themselves. My kids pitch in when it comes to cleaning up. Take pride in the home your husbands are providing for you. (This is directed only to those who proudly proclaim themselves "lazy ass women".) I bet you wouldn't appreciate it the tables were turned.
    Anonymous

• Why would that be embarassing?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• because obviously you (not you, general you) can't handle your responsibilities.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• oh boy you just opened up a can of worms.....
    but I must say I know a girl whos hubby works and supports them, they have no kids, she doesnt work, and the house is a DUMP, I often wonder why her hubby doesnt get mad...
    Anonymous

• I agree. I'ma SAHM and make sure my house is spotless daily. Dinner is always made and our 3 kids have finished their homework with my help by the time hubby gets home. I am always dressed with make-up on as well. Maybe I'm old fashion but I do like to make hubby happy to come home.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• TMI-
    "it just sounds to me like there are a lot of lazy ass woman out there.So whats your excuse?"
    that I'm a lazy ass woman who would rather help kids with play-doh then clean house.
    it's a matter of personal priorities- ask your husband if he'd rather have a blow job than a clean house and see what he says- Personally I have a hard time getting housework done when my husband is home because my bending over turns him on so much-
    Anonymous

• Maybe because I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old and my priorities are to spend time with my children. My house is not a dump but it's also not spotless. Yes, I like to make my dh happy with a clean house and dinner on the table but sometimes that just doesn't happen. If I'm trying to clean and my 2 year old comes up to me and wants me to read with her I'm going to stop what I'm doing and take care of her. Maybe you should worry about yourself and not other people.
    Anonymous

• Orionsgirl- seriously? I've always tried to make sure my hair is combed particularly in the AM when my husband sees me, but can't say that I have make up on all the time.
    He likes it better when I get up and accidentally walk around with bed head! he thinks it's funny!
    don't you worry about putting too much stress on your guy to be perfect?
    Anonymous

• Let's see. well this so called lazy ass mother has kidney disease and 4 kids on top of shit load of animals to look after. Forgive me if I don't have enough energy to make my house look like better crocker visited, but my main priority is my kids. My house may not be spotless, but it is livable. As for my husband he is very caring and understanding that I can no longer keep up like I use to. He also knows how much it bothers me that I can't. So you can to take your snotty ass words and shove them up your.......

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Sounds like someones a little bitter because they have to work and can't enjoy their children to much
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 6:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2010