how do you cut family off/feeling like such a bother to everyone/my heart hurts

naynayskids

Asked by naynayskids at 7:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• hugsYou sound very down. Maybe you shouldn't cut anyone off unless they are toxic. Depression sometimes makes us want to isolate ourselves. Maybe you just need a hug.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Family should never be cut off, although I understand there are some families that leave no choice, to me it would be as a last resort, but even then I would have a hard time doing it.

Answer by older at 7:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• my husband lost his driving job almost 2yrs ago, so we've been struggling/ he does odd jobs, but resently we were able to buy another semi with the help of his mother and his eldest daughter mind you the loan was small (less than 4,000) his daughter truned 19 and went crazy, she's always been sheltered as to keep her safe, our family is the type of family to want to spend time togather, eating dinner togather and playing board games and watching movies, long story short we made our kids our total life because it was good for them,,, but because of that loan and her mother in her ear about how she shouldnt have done that and that we are bad people for letting her do that,,, we are just trying to get back on our feet again,,,, its gotten so bad that she has made her dad choose between her or i,we've been togather for 12yrs and married almost 8, i was always a very loving step-mom, her mom left for a long time so i filled the gap
    naynayskids

Answer by naynayskids at 8:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• now she's mad because he didnt pick her and i told him if he wanted me to go i would, and i know that's not how a marriage works and these kids know how much we love each other we pride ourselves on how we have taught them to have a relationship and what it means to be married and i really think they have learned how to be good people through the way we act twards others, now she see's nothing but RED and hatered for me and is out to hurt us in anyway she can, she has called SRS cause we were living with his mom saying we were abusing her and the lady came out and thought that was ludicress ,,,that wasnt good enough so she called again and is having child services come out and investagate us on our children, we have not bothered her sence Dec. 1,,, we dont say any thing about her,,,, i'm at my wits end and she's about to stress us out to the point of health problems ,,, i just wish she would leave us alone,,,, i hate life
    naynayskids

Answer by naynayskids at 8:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2010