Do you let your husband/s/o keep pictures of his past relationships?!?

I can't deal with that. I can understand if he had a family and there were family pictures..he can't throw those things away. But just an ex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah I don't care, in fact I told him I thought we should invite all of em to the wedding so they could see I won
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My x had a picture of his x in a white bikini, it bugged the hell outa me but it isn't our place to tell them what to do with their own momentos...I have pics of old boyfriends as well, not like I take em out and look at them, just hard to throw away for whatever reason. Him having pics of her doesn't mean he loves you any less or wants to be with her or something!
    Anonymous

• Love the above posters answer lol to funny! And he doesn't so I don't have that problem. I too, would understand if he has a family though.
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Do you keep pictures of people from your past relationships? I used to have a problem with the idea of my DH keeping a picture of an old flame, but I have some pictures of my old flames that I like to keep. As long as nobody is keeping the picture in their wallet or displaying it next to the bed (or anywhere for that matter) then I don't have a problem with it. My old pictures from past relationships are in a box of old pictures in the closet, so are his.
    Anonymous

• My dh threw out pictures of his ex gf's on his own - I didn't make him do anything. But why would he want to keep pics of someone else? I find that strange, and would be a little unnerved. I don't have pictures of my ex bfs at my house. There are some at my mom's house in her photo albums that I don't expect her to remove and cut out, but they aren't in OUR house. My dh's mom even threw out her pics of his old gf's, which I thought was kinda crazy because her having them wouldn't bother me - he came very close to marrying the one girl.
    I would be very unhappy if he had pics of his ex's in OUR house and seriously wonder why he wanted to keep them.

Answer by missanc at 8:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• This exactly:

My dh threw out pictures of his ex gf's on his own - I didn't make him do anything. But why would he want to keep pics of someone else? I find that strange, and would be a little unnerved. I don't have pictures of my ex bfs at my house. There are some at my mom's house in her photo albums that I don't expect her to remove and cut out, but they aren't in OUR house. My dh's mom even threw out her pics of his old gf's, which I thought was kinda crazy because her having them wouldn't bother me - he came very close to marrying the one girl.
    -xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 9:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I told my DH to keep them and we put them in an album from our high school and college years. No big deal to us, we are secure enough to have pictures of our past in an album to show our children and grandchildren. Maybe I am too old to worry about being jealous of someone that was a part of my DH's life before we met. Besides if your husband is still hung up over an ex, the last thing to worry about is a picture.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Yeah my hubby has his exwifes name tattooed on his chest over his heart and her initials on his wrist... At Least you don't have to sleep with the reminders!

horseap

Answer by horseap at 9:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• hell to the no!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2010