Facial hair... :(

so im of mostly italian heritage (75%)..and im only 23 years old and I just noticed when I turn to an angle you can see black facial around around my lips. I never noticed it before and it makes me wanna cry, im thinking why didnt anyone tells me its there??? its really embarressing and I want to know the best way to hide it or get rid of it..I cant afford laser hair removal or anything that extreme..but I really need some help here!! Hope im not the only one with this problem..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Just get hair removal creme from your local drugstore hun...lots of women have this issue, it's nothing to feel embarrased about.
    Anonymous

• Try nair hair remover or get some wax strips for it.
    Anonymous

• I have horrible facial hair myself. It's one of the symptoms of the PCOS I have.Personally, I prefer to pluck and shave.The hair bleaching products made it look like I had a milk mustache, the cream hair removers burned my skin and left the hair, and I hate living with a black mustache while I wait for it to grow long enough for waxing. I used to go and get electrolysis every so often and I have had laser done too. But because I continue to have PCOS, the hair comes back. For a while when I wasn't trying to conceive, I took Yasmin birth control and it really helped with the hair. It didn't go away, but there was less of it and it was finer and lighter. I used to think I was a freak because I have facial hair, but I have learned that there are a lot of women out there who have the very same problem, they're just very good at getting rid of the hair and keeping it a secret. Try some different things. Good luck! ((Hugs))
    Anonymous

• I pluck

Answer by admckenzie at 9:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• im hispanic, i feel your pain. i wax every 2-3 weeks. maybe no one noticed it, we are our own worst judge
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I used to use debilatory cream for my face & chin. I used sally hansens, I think. It worked well for quite a while, but, I think I grew sensitive to it or something. Waxing is the best for removing everything but, for me it grew expensive & impractical. I pluck, I've done it so much it doesn't even hurt anymore. I keep a pair of tweezers in the car, too. It's great for catching a lone hair at the last minute & being in the sunlight makes it easier to see the hairs, even better than I well lit bathroom or make up mirror.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• oh don't worry, most women have it, most just won't admit it. Waxing is the best thing you can do aside from permanent hair removal.. the more you wax, the longer it takes to grow back, and at times the wax can damage the hair follicle, so it doesn't even grow back. Depilatories aren't something I would like to use, because it's generally the same as shaving, minus the razor. The chemicals in depilatories break the disulfide bonds in the hair to the point where the hair just breaks off and can cause serious skin irritation and burning if it gets into the skin too deep. In the long run, it is much saver to just shave than use a depilatory on your face.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2010