Did you know this? ( bet you didn't)

View the video.

What are your thoughts?

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• What is it about? I don't like to click on links unless I know what it is first. Don't want to end up downloading a virus or something.
    Anonymous

• Where I live, on the left side of the street there are Gucci and D&G stores, and then on the other side there is a park FULL of homeless. Literally, right across the street. People with bachelor degrees and whatever else. There are just no jobs. And now, the city is considering to start charging people to stay there nightly. Like, that doesnt make their situation any better. They are still homeless. Taking away what little (if any) money they have.

I think its absolutely ridiculous.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2003/Mar/10/ln/ln01a.html

http://www.kitv.com/news/22362352/detail.html
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 8:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Anon, the video is safe and it's not a download.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I watched it. It just streams. Seemed safe enough.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 8:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Oh that was so sad : ( Thanks for sharing I try to help when ever I can which is most the time.
    Anonymous

• This is a reality in our country, as"great" as it is.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for sharing this. I use to volunteer at soup kitchens as a teen but have gotten away from that due to marriage, kids, work, etc. I am going to make it a priority to start volunteering again.
    Anonymous

• I was a runaway when I was younger. I was an addict and I chose to live on the streets to feed my addiction. I always carried a backback around with me. My mom never knew when I'd be home or if I was okay. Today, clean happy, married and succesful I made it out by the grace of God alone. My mom feeds the homless every month. She started a project called Stephani's Backpack. She asked me what I carried in that bag of mine. She buys different things women would need that they wouldn't easily get, tampons, pads, six packs of undies, clothes(diff sizes) make up, soap, deodorant, bras, $10, lotion, toothpaste, tylenol, etc. And then gives them to the women at the feedings. I also will be volunteering at the womens shelter, offering make overs for women looking for work, so they have the confidence going in. It's a true struggle.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• my husband drives a truck for a living and we see it all the time it is very sad, and we try to help them any time we see them, and its not up to us to judge them for anything they do or spend the money we just gave them on because they also have a choice,,, the point is you did a good deed and leave it at that, you helped thats all that matters i wish more people would look at it that way,,,, it doesnt matter what they look like,,,, they dont have access to a shower or clean clothes BUT THEY ARE HUMAN, just like anybody else on earth
    naynayskids

Answer by naynayskids at 12:52 AM on Jan. 31, 2010