Is there anywhere on this site I can find a sitter?

I desperately need one!

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• craigslist
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• search groups for your city & see if you have any groups in your area, do a post there asking if anybody babysits or can recommend someone.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• local colleges and universities usually have an online site for job postings for students, they are a great resource if you have one close by!

Answer by missanc at 8:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I go to college. I'm nervouse about hiring someone from school because the job involves picking my kid up from daycare and taking him back to my house until I get out of class at seven.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• www.care.com is a good website to find a sitter.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My neighbor has found wonderful sitters through the education department of a nearby university. Other sources are www.care.com www.sittercity.com www.craigslist.org

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Are care and sittercity really worth the $30 a month though?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• what about asking someone at your daycare? Maybe another mom that is going to pick up her kid would also pick up yours? I think that would be safer than sitter city.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 1:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Hi, this is Stacy. I’m a member of Care.com’s Mom Force—a team of work-at-home moms that helps with safety and customer service. I may be biased but as a mom I think Care.com is an amazing resource for finding care providers. The site offers free background checks, uses the Mom Force to review all care providers and job posts before we post them online, and gives you access to recorded references and reviews to help you decide who to hire. They also have exclusive members-only features like Care-on-Call (for last-minute care), Care Exchange (to meet families who want to exchange babysitting and pet sitting services). Plus an amazing selection so you’ll be able to find a match that’s right for you and your family. Good Luck in your search.
    SSCleve

Answer by SSCleve at 11:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2010