First Time Mom Question

My body has been changing in the last few days. I am not sure if it has anything to do with labor. Please do not laugh :-) I have suddenly had to go number 2 after eating every meal. It is like my body is trying to stay cleaned out. I have suddenly started being crampy in my stomach. It is just a cramp. I went to the dr Thursday. I was 50% effaced, -1 station, and no dilation. What is your opinion ladies? Does it have anything to do with labor or just a part of it? Thanks!

mommytoangel407

Asked by mommytoangel407 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its a part of it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It is your body preparing for labor it will keep itself flushed out and the cramps are most likely BH contractions that are beginning to be painful.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• sounds like that baby is ready to come but you can never be too sure with labor.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• That happens prior to labor for many, but it can happen within weeks before... It is not a certain indicator.

When are you due? Are you hydrated and eating healthily?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I am sorry! I forgot to but how many weeks. I am 36wks 1dy. I am staying hydrated and eating healthy or at least I feel like I am...lol!
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It may be the beginning of labor. In any case, you are in my prayers,Hon. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2010