I just joined Curves. Has anyone lost weight with this program?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I was a member briefly. I'm not too sure of anyone who has ever lost weight strictly due to their program though. It's more of an added bonus to eating healthy and living healthy. I wasn't found of their cardio stuff, but really liked the weight philosophy. I also wasn't found of the women who worked there always looking over my shoulder. Since that time, I joined Anytime Fitness because I prefer to work out on my own with no rules.
    Anonymous

• I did. Just remember you lose inches before pounds and as you put muscle on you will actually gain before you lose. Don't watch the number on the scale watch the waistband on your jeans.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Awesome! I am really enjoying it. I only have about 9 pounds to lose, so hopefully I can do it.
    Anonymous

• I used to work there and I never really saw anyone lose except really large women and the reason they lost was because they were just getting up and doing something.

I've been doing the Special K diet and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Bootcamp video and its been working 10 lbs in 3 weeks.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I didn't from their equipment. :( I did from eating 5 oz of chicken and 1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup green veggies 4 times a day. for breakfast 1/2 cup oatmeal and 2-3 soy protein shakes throughout the day. I lost 28 lbs in 5 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I did. But I lost inches first, then like 6 pounds. This was before baby #2. I would go back if I had the money, I think they are great.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 11:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2010