help

i have a 22month old little girl and i am trying to bottle break her, potty train her, and get her out of my bed any advice

melprep

Asked by melprep at 8:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't do it all at once. Start with the bottle, wait until she's close to 3 for the potty, it's much easier that way. I have no advice for getting her out of your bed. My 4 year old is firmly planted there and I don't know how to begin to get him out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Tackle one issue at a time and take it slowly. I would get rid of the bottle first. The bed might be easier than potty training. Not all kids are ready to train until 2.5 or even 3. Look for signs of potty readiness like being dry through naps and long periods during the day. take it one day at a time. she will not go to prom with a bottle, pull-ups and run home to sleep with mommy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I agree you should take it slowly and do one thing at a time. My only other suggestion is to try for potty training LAST. It is fairly common for a child to potty train and then regress back when something else big changes (Ie if you get her potty trained then take her bottles she might start going in her pants again) Good Luck.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 8:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2010