Do you bleed after you...

use the bathroom during pregnancy? I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I just need to know if this is normal. I just used the bathroom and noticed bleeding when I wiped my vaginal area and anal area as well. I tried wiping both seperately and it mostly came from my vaginal area. I've called my doctor and they said they'd call back but haven't heard anything yet. Should I be worried?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 9:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's good that you called the doctor. Some light spotting I hear is normal during pregnancy. I never did spot during pregnancy, but some women do. Try not to panic as stress is not good in your condition.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i agree it good you called and some women do have light spoting and if you had sex before you went to the bath room it can be from that there many things and let us know ill keep you in my thoughts
    Anonymous

• Are you sure it isn't hemmrhoids? I have that issue and sometimes it is hard to tell where it comes from.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Could also be a UTI, that can irritate and cause bleeding too. Keep pestering your doc til you get an answer.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 11:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Thanks everyone, but everything is fine. The bleeding has stopped. I think it was caused from constipation and I was pushing too hard. That happens sometimes.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2010