How does a manicurist keep her nails from losing the polish as she does other people's nails?

I went to get a pedicure Friday. And my nail tech used acetone/nail polish remover to clean my nails. She had a really rad manicure; decorated tips & the whole thing.

Knowing how much the polish remover will attack the old polish on my nails -- if she's using that stuff all day -- how does she keep her nails from getting ruined?

Do they have a special sealant? Or is it all just being careful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• That's a great question! I hope someone has the answer. I want to know!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Very very careful! And of course they work with other manicurists so if the polish DOES get messed up someone can always fix it :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• it's just about being careful.. and not over soaking the pledges, lol. non-acetone will do the same to paint as acetone however.. and as alinker says, we can always have someone touch it up really quick, so it's all good. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• They use (and you can get them at the beauty supply store) fingernail polish remover pads that have a back on them so that the polish remover doesn't soak through, therefore it doesn't get thieir polish.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2010