is a rash under the neck of a baby that won't go away typical?

my dd is 10 months and she has this not even a half inch oval red bumby mark on her neck. its been over a week and it doesn't seem to be going away. what could it be and what can i do about it. she's going to the doctor tuesday for a shot I will be asking the doc about it then, but just thought I'd see if anyone knows about this before hand. thanks

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 9:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son always had rashes on his nexk, and even developed a yeasr rash. it was all due to drool collecting in his neck folds. his dr. prescibed a cream made of hydrocortizone, zinc oxide and *somethign else..cant remember..I wanna say clotrimazole kinda cream** and it went away! if your baby is drooling a lot, make sure you wipe the neck folds every once in a while...but of course not crazy rough which will irritate it. apply a mix of zinc oxide and hydrocortizone.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It is very common for babies to get rashes on their necks, because the skin folds there often rub and cause irritation and moisture can get trapped there. Keep the area dry and use only water and a soft washcloth to clean her neck. Soaps can irritate any sort of rash. You might sprinkle a little powder on your hand and pat it on her neck to keep it dry. Make sure the doctor takes a look at the rash when you take her for shots.

neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2010