nighty stomach aches?

Ok so my son has been claiming a stomacache at night for a few weeks now.
I took him in once after a few days and had him checked or strep. It was negative.
I am not sure if it is real, or a new ploy for avoiding bed time (it doesnt work). But he seems to be sticking to his story. HELP.

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• First, see the doctor and have the stomach aches evaluated. If the doctor cannot find a problem, talk to your son about it. Is something scaring him at night? Nightmares? Is he having problems with anyone at school or in the neighborhood? Is he just trying to get out of going to bed?

You might also try changing his bedtime routine. For example, allow him to stay up 10 minutes later while you read to him or rub his back or do anything that soothes him. Stick to the time you set for him to be in his bed, though, and make sure he knows it is not a game.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• maybe gas? maybe see if he is eating too close to bedtime? also maybe u can try giving him some chamomile tea which is good for upset tummys
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It could be gas or constipation but my son does this and I think its when he is real tired and he doesn't feel well from being tired so I just send him to bed and he is fine. Definantly have it checked out.
    Anonymous